Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing Duplicates

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

I have a data set in which there is more than 1 response to a certain question. For those instances in which there is a duplicate response for the same Name/Person and within the same Month, I am only wanting to keep the "Yes" responses. For example, in the data set below, Mickey answered the same question twice in the month of June. The first time he answered "No" to the questions and the second time he answered "Yes". I only want to retain the "Yes" responses for him for June. Similarly, Minnie answered the same question twice in the month of July. The first time answering "No" to the questions and then answering again as "Yes". I only want to retain these "Yes" responses for her for July.

There are some instances in which the Name/Person answered "No" for a question for a given month, but I want to retain these "No" responses if it isn't a duplicate. In other words, if they only answered the question once within the month then I want to keep whatever the response is regardless of "Yes" or "No". 

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help!

KmbrlyPC_0-1628119688925.png

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KmbrlyPC ,

We can use the sort tool to order everything so we can sample only the first row for each of the answers.

fmvizcaino_0-1628131930624.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @KmbrlyPC 

Adding to @fmvizcaino two more ways to do it are using unique tool and using summarize tool.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628140685133.png

Hope this helps : )

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! It worked perfect.

Labels