Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sheet Not Found on Input from Export XLSX from CRM

JakeW
7 - Meteor

Hello all! Hope your days are going well.

My organization has CRM and we often do exports of spreadsheets of specific advanced finds. We then have an alteryx app that dynamically reads in the file that was exported out of CRM. However, we have always had to get into this raw export, and re-save the file so that alteryx can read in the sheet name of the file. For some odd reason, the input tool will not recognize the sheet names from the raw export. 

The file is in xlsx format (not xls as i've seen that has caused issues before), and the directory tool finds the file fine. I've even gone to the extent of utilizing the directory tool to pull the full path of the file, and then try to append the sheet name using a formula tool, to then send into a dynamic input tool, and even that will not work.

Has anyone run into this issue before? At some point I hope we can set up the CRM integration, but have not to this point.

JakeW_0-1628190639556.png

13 REPLIES 13
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JakeW 

Understood, however, don't despair...you'll only need to that once for the template to load into the Dynamic Input.  Try it.

JakeW
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your patience Surfer, 

So, I went ahead and opened the sheet in excel and saved it. This triggered alteryx to "find" the sheets which then I was able to connect to in the dynamic input template. However, when I export a new file into a different folder and try to run the same workflow, it will again say that it doesn't find a match for the sheet or name range in the file. Same error as before, just on the dynamic input. 

Since I don't believe this file carries any confidential info, I went ahead and attached it. This is the raw xlsx that exported out of CRM. If you have the time, see if you can connect to it, without opening it and resaving it. 

Thanks!

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @JakeW 

I've attempted to load in the file.

It defaults to Sheet1 that does exist...yet cannot input.  It get overridden by the data connection or some sort of query in the hidden sheet.  Also, your first columns A:D are hidden with checksums and such.  You won't be able to input the data.  Would you consider a DB connection to the query instead?

JakeW
7 - Meteor

I'd be 100% for the DB connection to do the query. Although, I am not familiar with how to set it up or if I would need to get some security clearances from my admin/IT group to do it. Is it pretty simple?

Labels