Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending emails with table

rajat_del
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to create a end to end automation which involves sending some reports to people via email. However, since i do not have a NAS drive, what i would like it for email to directly take the output from the table before .

I have tried this via render, but since i don't want physical files to be created, is there a way where i can just take the table created in the previous step and just pass it as an attachment?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rajat_del 

You can use table tool and report text tool to create the body and pass it to mail body in the email tool like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643635223962.png

Hope this helps : )

rajat_del
7 - Meteor

I wanted in an attachment format, but i guess this should suffice. The problem with this that in the table there are multiple records and the mail will increase in length if the records keep on increasing.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @rajat_del 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Jason_
7 - Meteor

@rajat_del 

You can create the excel file in the workflows temp folder, then create an additional field in your workflow with the path to the file using the using the %temp% variable. When setting up the email tool, click the Add Attachment button and select the File Name from field option. Point this at the appropriate field in your workflow.

Alteryx will automatically clean up the temp folder once the workflow is finished running. 

Hope this helps.

marca_at_cue
7 - Meteor

This was a very helpful solution.  Thank you!

Labels