Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Send Email According to Condition with Record or No Record

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi and good day to everyone,

I have been having a hard time determining a solution to the workflow I am creating. I have used the sample workflow sent to me and since there are different scenarios, this sample seems not to be applicable. I would like to very ask for an extending arm to provide me an answer to I am seeking.

When reading a directory, I may get a file with no records or with records. If the excel file has no records, it will create and send an email contents and looks like this together with the attachment.:

no record.PNG

If the file has record or records, the email will look like this with the excel file attached and number of record posted.

with record.PNG

Created a workflow but failure because it keeps on sending two emails instead of one. Below the workflow I created in that maybe you can revised to correct or update it.

worklflow.PNG

Special mention to @binuacs, @raj to please extend me a hand. 

Attaching a sample files for your reference. The one has records and the other has none.

Thanks and hoping to hear you the soonest.

Kamen

12 REPLIES 12
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider attaching the workflow

image.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Thank you for the response. Found an error in the workflow. Tried  replacing the "subject" with the correct subject in the formula tool but still having this kind of error. Please see below.

error email.PNG

Also, the table does not appear when there are no items found. There should be table in there.

no eport.PNG

Looking forward for your assistance.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider were you able to run the workflow I sent you with the given input files?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Yes, I was able to run the workflow with errors as sent yesterday. I am also still trying to configure also how I can add the missing table and remove the error. If you have the idea, kindly share.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider I am able to see the results with both the files you provided

result from the file :Rate Lock Expire Weekend Hoilday Report 06.03.24.xlsx

image.png

Result from the file : C:\Users\binua\Downloads\Kamen\Rate Lock Expire Weekend Hoilday Report 06.04.24.xlsx

image.png

make sure that there will be only one file at a time in the directory

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

I think I have found why there is an error. Changing the layout configuration from horizontal to vertical in the layout tool fix the issue. However going back to my condition, is it possible that when the excel file has records, the results should be no table included in the email like the sample below.

with record.PNG

But if there are no records found, the email should look like this.

noitems.PNG

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

How are you? I would like to follow up my inquiries below. I do hope you would continue to assist me in completing this project.

Please let me know if you any questions.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you the soonest.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider @Sorry I was only looking at the browse tool output never connected to the mail tool and checked the output, I got what you were saying , can you add a summarise tool after the union tool then select field Table, then in the add option go to reporting - then select combine vertical, change the output field name to Table, run the workflow 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

Also to change the table width go to the layout tool - change layout width to fixed- select 4 inches 

Labels