Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select the data based on simple filtering criteria and send the report to multiple party

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx and looking for some assistance here. I have a report which currently being generated by an application. Currently this report, operation team after selecting the data based on filtering criteria , select the records and send the report to external party manually couple of times in a day. on average these reports goes to 15  to 20 recipients.

I would like to understand if this is something can be achieved and automate within Alteryx.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Regards

Satya

14 REPLIES 14
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

For that you need a Scheduler licence or Alteryx Server.

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

ok great. Thanks David.

You been really helpful.

Appreciate for all your assistance here.

Regards

Satya 

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David,

Quick question.  After Join, is it necessary to use basic table or we can directly go to email /output ?

Regards

Satya

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The table tool does a nice job of grouping your data into two table objects and linking the correct email address to each.

DavidP_0-1595588171588.png

If you were to connect the join output to the email tool and use the email field for the To: address, an email will be sent for every row of data, i.e. 2 emails will be sent to the 1st email address ans 67 to the 2nd. Furthermore, you can only pick 1 field to use in the body.

So in order to send two tables to the 2 email addresses in your original example, you would have to somehow concatenate the whole table into 1 cell for each.

Hope this makes sense.

If you wanted the modify the text in the body of the email to be a combination of text and the table, you can add a report text tool after the table tool to do this, with the option Attach text to existing field. You can even use data from specific fields in the Text.

In the attached example, I brought through the Company name as well as the email address and used it in the 1st Report text tool for the start of the email. I added a 2nd Report text tool for the end of the email.

DavidP_1-1595589305000.png

Hope this helps.

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David,

First of all accept my apologies for responding late as I was caught up in some issues.

Thanks a lot and yes it it clear now.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Regards

Satya

Labels