Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select specific Files

Lean_Sawko
7 - Meteor

Hi  everyone,

I want to ask you guys what do you recommend for below issue.

Background: I want to collect from a Folder (with many files / same headers) the last 26 files to analyze later on as one making an union and etc.. 

So far I have been working until here where I'm stuck. Please I hear your ideas. Thank you in advance 

Please find attached a picture of it.

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lean_Sawko,

It is hard to help without seeing even an error.

I believe the issue might be that those files don't have the exact schema. 

Your dynamic input file is configured correctly? 

Maybe you can start with a sample for 1 fie and check if it works. If it works the configuration of the dynamic input tool should be fine. Afterwards, add another file to a sample tool and keep investigating.

Lean_Sawko
7 - Meteor

Hi @Emil_Kos , thanks for your help. 
I'm sorry I didn't share all the problem. I think the problem is there in the Dynamic Input. How do I set to append all the data in those 26 files collected in Sample tool? 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lean_Sawko,

If you will write dynamic in the top right search bar and you will click example you will see how to configure the tool. 

Emil_Kos_1-1624570168407.png

The first example will show you how to configure it:

Emil_Kos_2-1624570222793.png

Emil_Kos_0-1624570141396.png

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Lean_Sawko 

For understanding the setting of the Dynamic Input and other methods to inputs many files, check out this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

dawn 

Labels