Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select specific Files

Lean_Sawko
7 - Meteor

Hi  everyone,

I want to ask you guys what do you recommend for below issue.

Background: I want to collect from a Folder (with many files / same headers) the last 26 files to analyze later on as one making an union and etc.. 

So far I have been working until here where I'm stuck. Please I hear your ideas. Thank you in advance 

Please find attached a picture of it.

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lean_Sawko,

It is hard to help without seeing even an error.

I believe the issue might be that those files don't have the exact schema. 

Your dynamic input file is configured correctly? 

Maybe you can start with a sample for 1 fie and check if it works. If it works the configuration of the dynamic input tool should be fine. Afterwards, add another file to a sample tool and keep investigating.

Lean_Sawko
7 - Meteor

Hi @Emil_Kos , thanks for your help. 
I'm sorry I didn't share all the problem. I think the problem is there in the Dynamic Input. How do I set to append all the data in those 26 files collected in Sample tool? 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lean_Sawko,

If you will write dynamic in the top right search bar and you will click example you will see how to configure the tool. 

Emil_Kos_1-1624570168407.png

The first example will show you how to configure it:

Emil_Kos_2-1624570222793.png

Emil_Kos_0-1624570141396.png

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Lean_Sawko 

For understanding the setting of the Dynamic Input and other methods to inputs many files, check out this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

dawn 

Labels