Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sales Force Input Tool - You Found a Bug

sheridannorris
5 - Atom

I am using Designer v 2021.3 and SFDC Input tool version 4.2.4. These two should be compatible. As soon as I drag the input tool onto the canvas, it throws exception "You have found a bug...". I have seen solutions in the community about this error downstream in the workflow, but not on the input tool itself.

Oddly, when I connect and use query builder and hit 'validate', I get a success message. As soon as I bring in a select, browse, etc, to actually see the data, it fails. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

sheridannorris_0-1645198409731.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sheridannorris 

The SFDC Input tool is written in Python as far as I know. So my wild guess is that there is a difference between the Python environment within your Alteryx Designer and the environment the tool was written in. 

Have you tried installing a different version of the SFDC tool?

sheridannorris
5 - Atom

A lot of comments led me to believe the same. I found out, however, that the download file was corrupted so I had to delete all of the places on my PC where it was installed and download again. All is good now! 

Labels