Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SQL

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

when I copy my sql query in the input data, i'm always being forced to copy and paste  /****** Script for SelectTopNRows command from SSMS ******/ on top of it, why is that? if i dont copy and past this then i cant input.

ntudev_0-1657039338149.png

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

What is the error when you delete the top row? You shouldn't need a comment for a query to execute. Is it possible that you aren't deleting the entire line and making the select statement the top line? Have you tried pressing the test query button to see what the resulting message is? 

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

without it when i press test it connects, but when i run it then it doesnt run. I have to have that execute in there to be able to run it.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

When you say it doesn't run, does the workflow start executing?  It is probably worth submitting a case to Alteryx Support here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage 

Labels