Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report text

Dittau
8 - Asteroid

If there is no data going into the report text (comes after a filter where if the data is empty it comes down this flow. Also, there is no table going into the layout tool so do i have to add another tool? I have 3 paths 2 with tables so my text is “attach text to existing field” for thise 2 and then i have the base layout and it works…but the one with no table I cant get to populate in the layout tab or email tab or browse…any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

basically i need to send out an email with some text on it when no data appears- that simple but I can’t get it to work for some reason

5 REPLIES 5
martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Dittau,

The Report Text tool optionally takes input data (hence the grey input anchor), so it should still work even if you have no data.

Would you be able to attach a sample workflow?

Dittau
8 - Asteroid

I can’t attach a workflow or snip unfortunately but can you try one with no data coming from a filter tool and see if you can get the text to appear in the email?

When I switched the true false and data was obtained the email populated…so maybe you do have to have data?

also, i even tried just connecting the email to the filter and adding a body to the email and that didnt work

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Dittau 

There's one trick to solve this issue:

You can create a timestamp field and append that to your records.

So no matter what, you will also have at least 1 row/1 column populated in your report.

martinding_0-1680310409888.png

Credit to https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-a-report-with-no-record/td-p/75...

Dittau
8 - Asteroid

How do i create a timestamp or insert data after all the data is removed right before the email tool.  I just need to create a data cell that i wont include on the email to send it- so how to i do that and leave it off of the email?

martinding
13 - Pulsar

In this case, the Union Tool might be helpful.

Labels