Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Report text

Dittau
Asteroide

If there is no data going into the report text (comes after a filter where if the data is empty it comes down this flow. Also, there is no table going into the layout tool so do i have to add another tool? I have 3 paths 2 with tables so my text is “attach text to existing field” for thise 2 and then i have the base layout and it works…but the one with no table I cant get to populate in the layout tab or email tab or browse…any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

basically i need to send out an email with some text on it when no data appears- that simple but I can’t get it to work for some reason

5 RESPOSTAS 5
martinding
Pulsar

Hi @Dittau,

The Report Text tool optionally takes input data (hence the grey input anchor), so it should still work even if you have no data.

Would you be able to attach a sample workflow?

Dittau
Asteroide

I can’t attach a workflow or snip unfortunately but can you try one with no data coming from a filter tool and see if you can get the text to appear in the email?

When I switched the true false and data was obtained the email populated…so maybe you do have to have data?

also, i even tried just connecting the email to the filter and adding a body to the email and that didnt work

martinding
Pulsar

Hi @Dittau 

There's one trick to solve this issue:

You can create a timestamp field and append that to your records.

So no matter what, you will also have at least 1 row/1 column populated in your report.

martinding_0-1680310409888.png

Credit to https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-a-report-with-no-record/td-p/75...

Dittau
Asteroide

How do i create a timestamp or insert data after all the data is removed right before the email tool.  I just need to create a data cell that i wont include on the email to send it- so how to i do that and leave it off of the email?

martinding
Pulsar

In this case, the Union Tool might be helpful.

Rótulos