Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Report Layout tool

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I have a table and I’m grouping by fields called Block and Country

Each country has 9 blocks and I’d like like to render to Excel with each tab being a country and then on each tab have the table of 9 blocks horizontal left to right.

so the table is grouped by Block and Country, I connect a layout tool, set to ‘each group of records’ and set to horizontal.

After the layout I have another layout tool and a render tool with country as the vertical section break field.

The render correctly creates a tab for each country and the 9 blocks are on each country tab but they are not horizontal, they are vertical.

Any idea what I need to do so they are horizontal?

3 REPLIES 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Carluccio555 

Are you able to upload your workflow with sample data?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Carluccio555 

Could you please share the workflow with the mock up data, so that can will be easy to address the issue.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Example data attached.  The workflow screenshot below shows the table grouped by country and block, the first layout which is set to horizontal (although output is vertical) and the 2nd layout plus render which puts each country on a differnt tab (this part works)

thanks

Carluccio555_0-1671378149449.png

Labels