Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace a column in alteryx with a column from another excel file

arieta
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I need to replace a column in my Alteryx workflow with another column from a different excel file. 

In my alteryx workflow I have a column where there are a lot of values which say the same thing but are misspelled, inconsistent, appear to have other characters which mean they aren’t grouped together.

So, I created an excel export of these values, de-duplicated, and I created 'standardised' terms of the above values. 

Now, I need to import these 'standardised' values into my Alteryx workflow, but I need to make sure that my 'standardised' text from the excel I created replace the correct 'unstandardised' text from the alteryx workflow (the column in the excel file has less rows than the one in Alteryx since it's de-duplicated). 

Could you please help me with this? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
kirans666
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

You can keep a reference column and then use the de-duplicated column as a lookup value into the filed. Further you can bring in a formula tool to rename the field accordingly. It would be good if you can share some samples so that i can provide you with a workflow. 

arieta
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for your reply, it would be really helpful if you could provide me with a workflow. 

Please see attached an example of the excel file. Also, please see below how my Alteryx column looks like: 

Alteryx column that I need to replace

Column as I need it to be (based on the Standardized de-duplicated column in the excel)

Maintenance of condition

Maintenance of condition

Maintenance of medical condition condition

Maintenance of condition

Maintenance of medical condition condition

Maintenance of condition

Prevention of infections

Preventative

Prevention of spread

Preventative

Prevention of infections

Preventative

Benefit of xxx and zzz

Improvement

Improvement of xxx

Improvement

Maintaining fff

Maintenance of condition

(blank)

(blank)

kirans666
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

You can replace the first input with your original data and the find replace tool should help you fix it. 

Labels