Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Renaming Excel output having two sheets after every run of batch macro

Kanika29
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want to rename my existing excel file having two excel sheets after every run of Batch Macro.

I am changing data in required information tab through batch macro, but i also want to create new file with these two tabs after every run of batch macro.Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Kanika29 

Use a formula tool to build a new unique file name for each iteration of the macro, 

"c:\output\"+[SomeKey]+"SignOff Sheet.xlsx"

[SomeKey] is the value that will be unique for each iteration.   Configure the output tool in your batch macro to use this field as the file path.

Dan

terry10
12 - Quasar

@Kanika29 

To create the new file, use 2 Output tools and specify the sheet names you want to create using "|||" as below.

newfile.xlsx|||RequiredInformation

newfile.xlsx|||SignOff

To change the data in your existing file, use the Output Option Overwrite Sheet or Range.

Kanika29
6 - Meteoroid

I want both the tabs while renaming the existing file. In required information tab I am changing the data using batch macro, also I want sign off sheet as it is in renamed file. @

Labels