Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading multiple files and sheets from directory

srk0609
8 - Asteroid

I have multiple files in directory but I just want to read sheets present in File 1, File 2 and skip other files. Can someone help me build a workflow that would help me extract data from sheets having data in them. I want to exclude sheets with no columns, no data and so on below is the description of sheets present in the files. Attached below are three files of the directory.

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having perfect schema - Jan 24, Feb 24, Apr 24, Jun 24, Jul 24, Aug 24, Sep 24

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having spaces before perfect schema - May 24, Extra

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having column names but no data(need a way to automatically exclude sheets with no data) - Mar 24, Oct 24, Nov 24

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having no column names and data(need a way to automatically exclude sheets with no data) - Dec 24

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having space before only column names(need a way to automatically exclude sheets with no data) - Extra 2

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having having no data and not needed to be included in data pull - Not to be included

Sheets in File 1 and 2 having having data but not needed to be included in data pull - Not to be included 2

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@srk0609 

Look at the Directory tool and the Dynamic Input tool. The combination of the two along with a Filter tool will allow you to filter the files in a directory and bring in those files into Alteryx.

For faster response from the Community, tell the Community what you have attempted to do so that others understand your level of comprehension and that you are not asking others to do this for you.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@srk0609 
A batch macro will be a perfect solution for you
add this after your directory tool

hope this helps
mark done if solved.

Labels