Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read multiple sheets from excel and preform different operations on them.

nileshpalwe
6 - Meteoroid

I have excel file which has multiple sheets example : operating hours, capacity, demand, etc.

And while performing the operations I need to attach file and read that specific sheet equals to number of sheets I need to read example: If I need to read demand and capacity sheet I need to attach file 2 times and read those sheet but if number of sheets are plenty then it takes long time to do.

So is it possible to take file input and create multiple outputs from that one file for specific sheets required and perform operations on it.

Below have I attached to get idea how it looks.

Thanks in advance.

nileshpalwe_0-1603715034278.png

4 REPLIES 4
treepruner
9 - Comet

I think you need to look at the Interactive Lessons on Macros and in particular, Iterative macros.  Unfortunately, I'm not advanced enough to tell you exactly how to do it!

Sarah

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @nileshpalwe ,

if I got your question right than the following solution should work for you:

1.) read in only sheet names

2.) filter on sheet names

3.) load in sheet data and perform specific operations

Please find a mock solution attached.

Have a great day

Phil

nileshpalwe
6 - Meteoroid

In the above solution I need to add "Input data Source Template"  in the dynamic input tool. Is there anyway to use the same filepath of the excel file which is taken as input at the start in dynamic input tool("Input data Source Template").

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

yes:

screenshot.png

screenshot2.PNG

  

Please let me know whether this is the solution for you.

Labels