Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

QUestion for transformation

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

HI FOLKS,

I have some raw data in the below format

ID NAME year scenario month$ monthhc

1 ZY        2002   expense 100        1

I wish to do the below:

ID NAME 2022EXPENSEMONTH$ 2022EXPENSEmonthHC

1 ZY 100 1

i have more than 40 M rows with multiple scnearios

What is the most ideal way to acheive this?

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@SouravKayal can you provide both input and output in an excel format (tabular), the given one is confusing 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Without much extra information, it's hard to know how much variation there is in your inputs, which makes it difficult to provide a solution. I've attached a workflow that works for the small sample you've given here, though if the data can change much outside of this then it will need tweaking.

DataNath_0-1652354624603.png

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

Input:

IDNAMEYEARSCENARIOMONTH$MONTHHC
1XYZ2022Expense1001

Output

IDNAME2022 Expense Month$2022 Expense MonthHC
1XYZ1001
DataNath
17 - Castor

@SouravKayal if it's in table format like your latest reply then you can just use the bottom flow (attached). From your initial post it seemed like it was in a raw format which you would need to parse.

DataNath_0-1652355294149.png

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath , thanks , trying this, it could work, although i am seeing the $ getting truncated, any reasons ?

DataNath
17 - Castor

The '$' is replaced as it's a special character - you'd have to rename it after the cross tab I believe.

EDIT: @SouravKayal I've added a dynamic rename tool which solves this issue after the cross tab. Attached:

DataNath_0-1652357535459.png

Labels