Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish Tableau Workbook to Tableau Server

fain-m
5 - Atom

I am wondering if anyone knows how to publish or update an existing a Tableau Workbook to Tableau Server? I can write a .tde directly to server, but cannot find a solution to publish/update a workbook. Any recommendations and/or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14
fharper
12 - Quasar

tried to download the macro and it failed with "oops" message.  Capture2.PNG

clicked the download and only got a a supporting macro called "UploadChunks".  can you see if you can fix this.  I hope this will be an easy solution to publish a single workflow to multiple projects quickly and easily and in a way I can automate versus manually do moves within Tableau server....

Thanks

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
This is actually a workflow owned and created by myself and I don't really support it unfortunately.

I've had many people download the file with no issues, let me try attatching it to this thread once I'm home and see if that download works for you.

Ben
fharper
12 - Quasar

Thanks

fharper
12 - Quasar

it did work actually...i thought it would appear in the Tableau tools tab but it was in connectors tab so my bad.  ...........and thanks! 

I am new to Tableau and it seems very poor at asset management.  This will help when making a change to a workbook common to many projects so I can easily publish the "golden source" workbook to many destination projects.

Altron
5 - Atom

Hi fain-m,

Could you please elaborate how you managed to do this exactly ?

Because I believe I am facing the similar issue and haven't managed to work it out yet.

I could really use and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

Labels