Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Preventing an Error Message tool from running when container is disabled on Gallery/Server

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow where I have a user updating manual numbers and an Error Message tool that prevents the user from leaving any fields empty since nulls can break the downstream formulas. Since there's a lot of typing, there's a chance for typos or the number may change due to a miscalculation and there are multiple portfolios that the user has to do this for. So I wanted to give the user the option to disable some portfolios if they need to rerun the workflow for one specific portfolio and not have to type everything in again. 

On desktop, the workflow works as expected. But once it's in Gallery/Server, the Error Message tool will still run for the disabled portfolios/containers. Do I need to re-arrange my interface tools or adjust my formula in the Error Message tool to get that to stop happening? Attached are screenshots of how I have the tools organized and the formula that I have for the Error Message.

I have the enable/disable container interface tools in their own container and connected to each of the lighter gray containers to enable/disable everything inside. The Error Message tool is connected to the interface tools within the darker gray container within the lighter gray (portfolio) containers. 

The formula that I'm using to check if fields are empty is: IsEmpty([#1]) OR IsEmpty([#2]) OR IsEmpty([#3]) OR IsEmpty([#4]) OR IsEmpty([#5]) OR IsEmpty([#6]) OR IsEmpty([#7]) OR IsEmpty([#8])

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels