Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

PDF page count

pvara
8 - Asteroid

Is anyone aware or come accross a workflow that can count the number of pages in a PDF? is it possible? I am trying to develop a workflow app so that my group can QC production data that contains thousands of pdfs but would also would like to know page counts for reporting purposes.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
pvara
8 - Asteroid

Hi John,

Awesome- I modified the file path per your instructions and recieved the output I was looking for... Thank you I am sure others will find this as a usefull tool to handle pdfs.

Thank you again.

alteryxokan
7 - Meteor

Hi @JohnJPS , thanks for this solution, I have one quick question. Should pdfinfo.yxmd be in the same directory that PDFs are in? I'm having a little confusion on which path should be in formula tool. Thank you very much! 

pdfq.JPG

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hello @alteryxokan ,

Sadly I haven't had access to Alteryx for several years; (on a different team). Back in the day I would've experimented a bit with what you're asking, and perhaps you could do just that and see how it goes, and/or ask a new question referencing this one, so that the latest greatest group of Alteryx gurus will see the new question and provide their expertise.

Best of luck!

John

Labels