Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to new file every time workflow runs

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I have a query in which I want to create new file as an output every time workflow runs. Basically I am generating different Tabs in one excel through output tool. So every time it is  possible that the value in Field to generate the different tabs have different value , so in this case I want to delete the old file completely and create a new file every time .

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ferha_jafri ,

Are you saying you want to replace the file every time it runs, but the Tab will have a different name each time?

You need to create a formula, which will be <Filepath>+<filename>+"|||"+,sheetname>

You then configure the output to overwrite the file and create the new one with the new filename:

mceleavey_0-1622738118193.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

I tried this it is working but the heading are coming which include File Name and Sheet Name which I do not want to be a part of my output, so how I can remove them.

Labels