Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to include Unique Entries and Count

EmilDem01
8 - Asteroid

I execute the workflow three times: at 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 5:00 PM.
1) Each run's output must include ONLY entries for new HeadOffice IDs OR Purchase Order IDs.
2) The end-of-day workflow should reflect a count of unique IDs for the entire day, ensuring no duplicates.
What is the best way to achieve this

Attached Input and Output

1 REPLY 1
Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @EmilDem01

If i understand correctly, you want the worklflow to only output any new purchaseorder ID's when you run it?
If this is what you want you need to keep a database to compare with whenever you run the workflow (This can also simply be an excel sheet). My point is that you need to write to a file whenever you output something from the workflow. So when it runs at 9 AM you write to the file all the new Purchaseorder ID's with a date also (Relevant later). Then at 1PM when you run the workflow again have a join tool join on Purchaseorder ID's whatever is in the left join is a new purchaseorder ID. This logic can stay in the worklfow, since any new ID will be in the left join. I attached a mock up of this flow. Make sure to disable AMP as it might try to write and read to the file at the same time or use the "Wait a second" tool to delay the output to the file.

Now for that end of day data you wanted. I suggest you make a separate workflow for this. Remember that date we output alongside our Purchaseorder ID's? Now we can use a similar logic as shown on the photo before, but now also join on the date. Use a Todaydate() (don't remember if this is the right one) formula to join on the date. Then whatever comes out of the join should be all the Purchaseorder ID's for that day. I attached a photo for this as well.

Let me know if this make sense

Labels