Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to include Unique Entries and Count

EmilAlteryx01
8 - Asteroid

I execute the workflow three times: at 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 5:00 PM.
1) Each run's output must include ONLY entries for new HeadOffice IDs OR Purchase Order IDs.
2) The end-of-day workflow should reflect a count of unique IDs for the entire day, ensuring no duplicates.
What is the best way to achieve this

Attached Input and Output

1 REPLY 1
Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @EmilAlteryx01

If i understand correctly, you want the worklflow to only output any new purchaseorder ID's when you run it?
If this is what you want you need to keep a database to compare with whenever you run the workflow (This can also simply be an excel sheet). My point is that you need to write to a file whenever you output something from the workflow. So when it runs at 9 AM you write to the file all the new Purchaseorder ID's with a date also (Relevant later). Then at 1PM when you run the workflow again have a join tool join on Purchaseorder ID's whatever is in the left join is a new purchaseorder ID. This logic can stay in the worklfow, since any new ID will be in the left join. I attached a mock up of this flow. Make sure to disable AMP as it might try to write and read to the file at the same time or use the "Wait a second" tool to delay the output to the file.

Now for that end of day data you wanted. I suggest you make a separate workflow for this. Remember that date we output alongside our Purchaseorder ID's? Now we can use a similar logic as shown on the photo before, but now also join on the date. Use a Todaydate() (don't remember if this is the right one) formula to join on the date. Then whatever comes out of the join should be all the Purchaseorder ID's for that day. I attached a photo for this as well.

Let me know if this make sense

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels