Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output File Path doesn't save after saving

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Hello 

I'm running into an issue whereby the file path I have set for my output isn't saving after I save it. It goes back to this? 

qgpl_0-1680267043582.png

Would this be a security/permission folder issue?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Cheshta22
6 - Meteoroid

Cheshta22_0-1680267686073.png

Try choosing the dropdown rather than adding the file path by yourself. Click on dropdown -> Choose .CSV -> Select location -> Add file name and RUN workflow

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, this didn't work :(

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@qgpl this sounds more like a bug, the output tool should allow you to put any file path in there and it should just error if there is a permissions issue. If you create a new workflow and try output to that location what does it do? I would also try outputting just to your desktop and see if that works with the original workflow.

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt - thanks for your response. 

I have two of the same outputs for this file - one file path is working completely fine while the other doesn't. I even tried to use the full server file path as well as the shortened version but both don't work :(  

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@qgpl If it is the case that the workflow is not saving the updated Path then you could open a submit a case with Alteryx here :Support - Alteryx Community

qgpl
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @IraWatt - I have submitted a case

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great @qgpl, will be interested to hear what the cause of it was.

vivianfranklin
5 - Atom

Has a resolution to this issue been found?  it is November 16, 2023 and I am having the same issue.  When I build my workflow in Designer and run it, my inputs and outputs work as expected.  However, when I save the workflow to the server, it changes my file path to the server and I lose my original connections.  

vivianfranklin
5 - Atom

I located the solution on another thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Why-does-alteryx-replace-file-...

Changing the '\' in the file path to '/' worked.

Labels