Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ODBC Database Connection through VPN pulls table with empty text fields

Schero
5 - Atom

Hello,

i try to access data from a database. I am working from home with a vpn connection.

I can actually pull data, and i also see some number/date values. However, all the text fields are replaced with a single whitespace character.

This behavior doesn't occur when using the same workflow in the office without vpn. There i can see the text fields normally.

I can also see the text fields, When using an excel file to fetch the same query. (also using vpn)

I selected generic connection > ODBC > and choosed the DNS connection (Driver: Adaptive Server Enterprise) stored in my ODBC administration sources.

1 REPLY 1
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Total guess but could be some sort of data redaction in place for PII.  I would check with your Database Administrator. 

Good Luck,

Tim

Labels