Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Number formatting in Table Tool

mvidas
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I've got some weird behavior in a table tool output that I'm not sure how to remedy. Let me show you the output:

mvidas_0-1671124900534.png

It seems that for my numerical fields, it is keeping the number of leading digits used above for my total line. It gets worse when the two numbers being compared are even closer:

mvidas_1-1671124971770.png

The data being used to create the table doesn't have these, so it must be the table tool doing it:

mvidas_2-1671125079209.png

I don't see any settings in this column configuration which would cause it:

mvidas_3-1671125217268.png

And my column styling rules don't have anything either.

mvidas_4-1671125345998.png

It isn't doing to the "3 = COMMITMENT" detail number in my amounts, so I'm sure I did something but I can't figure out what. The only settings that affect that footer row is the style formula:

"border-collapse: collapse; border-left: 2px solid gray; "

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
BrandonKO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not aware of any defects related to the Table Tool. Couple things you could try. 1) Changing your data types to "numeric". If that is done, you would lose the comma separators, FYI. Second option could be to use a TrimLeft(String,y)  to remove the 0's. Then you could use the prefix category to set you your "-" sign. 

Labels