Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

None of the PostgreSQL connections work

Hello,

After recent upgrade of Alteryx Designer to 2022.3, none of the PostgreSQL connections seem to work. I've tried Simba ODBC, PostgreSQL Unicode and ANSI.

These are the errors I get.

1. Simba -  Input Data (1) Error SQLPrepare: [Simba][PostgreSQL] (40) Unknown data type: [SQLState HY000] 19 at column %2%.

With Simba, query builder will open up and I can see all my tables. But I get the above error when workflow is run. I see this error on all tables.

2. Unicode & ANSI - SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or above.

Will not open query builder. I see this error right from testing connection. 

I have so far tried:

- reinstalling the driver from downloads.alteryx.com.

- replacing the libpq.dll file in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin with another dll from an older install of Alteryx designer that I got from a colleague.

- replacing the libpq.dll file in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin with another dll from portable Heidi sql install.

- uninstalling Alteryx Designer, deleting old bin folder from C:\Program Files\Alteryx and reinstalling Alteryx Designer.

- changing the authentication from SCRAM to MD5 on my Postgres.

None of these helped and I am out of ideas now. I do not want to go back to an older version of Designer.

Has anybody else had this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

S

3 RESPUESTAS 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sharanyaRevealGC 

1)  Can you re-create the data connections?

- Are you using system DSN or DSN-Less connections?

- At the windows level, are you able to test the connection via the ODBC Data Source admin window to see if it works?

2) Can you attempt to turn on AMP Engine to see if this resolves the issue?

Hope this helps.

Finally got Postgres Unicode to work today. Here's what I did:

1. Downloaded psqlodbc from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

2. Installed above

3. Post the above steps, on testing the connection again on Alteryx, I got an error saying the below file was missing

"C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers\psqlODBC\0906\bin\psqlodbc35w.dll"

4. Got a copy of the above file from a colleague and pasted it in the correct location.

5. PostgreSQL Unicode (User DSN) on Alteryx Designer finally started working.

I don't know if all the above steps got it to work or if it was only step 4. If you face the same issue, try just step 4 first to see if that will help before you try the rest of the steps.

Now please excuse me while I go check if Tableau is still working.

Thanks!

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sharanyaRevealGC 

I am glad you were able to resolve it. 

Steps followed:

1. Downloaded psqlodbc from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

2. Installed above

3. Post the above steps, on testing the connection again on Alteryx, I got an error saying the below file was missing

"C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers\psqlODBC\0906\bin\psqlodbc35w.dll"

4. Got a copy of the above file from a colleague and pasted it in the correct location.

5. PostgreSQL Unicode (User DSN) on Alteryx Designer finally started working.

Can you like this post and mark it as a solution so other community members can benefit from our collaboration?

Cheers.

Etiquetas