Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to maintain Line Breaks in the Render Output to Excel

IntlTaxGuy16
5 - Atom

Dear community members!

Column headers in my source contain line breaks, which I would like to maintain when I output to Excel using the Render tool. 

Table, Layout and Render tools are needed for my workflow and the output. The issue is that Render tool is removing the line breaks (non ASCII characters).  Output tool on the other hand, kept those line breaks. 

Is there a way to keep the line breaks when outputting from the Render tool or a perhaps another way to achieve the desired presentation shown in the picture below even if the line breaks are removed? A sample workflow is attached.   

Greatly appreciate your input!  

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@IntlTaxGuy16 one way of doing this

image.png

IntlTaxGuy16
5 - Atom

Hi binuacs, Thanks a lot. I have accepted your suggestion as a solution. It worked for some of the columns. 

However, I am using this in a batch macro and some columns headers still contain _x000D_ after the batch macro output.  I will recreate the workflow and share later, which will take some time since proprietary data will need to be removed. The issue maybe because of the batch macro or other steps included in the output from Render tool.  

Labels