Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need Amazon Redshift in-database upsert option

shaynie
8 - Asteroid

I'm adding records to a redshift table, and need to make sure there are no duplicates.  I have multiple keys to uniquely identify records. (about 6 keys).

The standard output data tool allows "Update - insert if new".  But it is very (too) slow.  I want to use the in-db tools to  to speed up the processing.  I haven't been able to figure out how to use the in-db tools to identify duplicates (join tool doesn't produce non-matches, no unique tool, sample tool doesn't allow group by, summarize doesn't allow "first", etc.).   So, I'm requesting a feature that would allow an in-database upsert.  Or, if anyone has other ideas, I'd appreciate it!   Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @shaynie ,

yes there is no IN-DB Sample tool.

You can post your product idea here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

As a workaround, you could use the IN-DB Formula tool to identify duplicates and then use the IN-DB Filter tool afterwards to further process the identified duplicates.

Please let me know whether this helps you.

Best regards

Phil 

Labels