Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Naming consolidations

Albert2107
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'd like to build a workflow wherein my expected output is that the names will be consolidated meaning if they are the same (not exact match, regardless of any punctuations and case insensitive) it will consolidate into a single name. Example "Ernst & Young LLP" and "Ernst and Young Australia" they are both Ernst & Young and I would like to consolidate this into a single name, "Health Assured Ltd - AU" and "Health Assured Ltd - FR" are also the same, or "AT&T - PO BOX 5017" and "AT&T - PO BOX 6463" are also the same. My data file mostly consist of a single field/column with the lists of names. I tried using fuzzy match and adjusting the threshold but the output was not the one I'd expected, it shows a 2-column with the same results and most of the names are repeated.

I attached a sample of my data file.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Albert2107 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634808324336.png

Hope this helps : )

Albert2107
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thanks for this one! Actually this is a big help and it actually consolidate the names but some names still did not consolidate like for e.g. the names

Corporate Travel Management (Germany) GmbH - ES
Corporate Travel Management (United Kingdom) Ltd

maybe this is just with the fuzzy match threshold, I'll just look into this one. But nevertheless this is really an awesome workflow, I'll use this on my future tasks.

Warm regards,

Albert

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Albert2107 

You can reduce the threshold and check would that work.

atcodedog05_0-1634813151717.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Albert2107 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Albert2107
7 - Meteor

Yes, thank you for the help @atcodedog05.

Labels