Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

NS ODBC Data Retrieval Error

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

I'm receiving a data retrieval error from the NS ODBC. Query works fine when the following isn't included within the where clause:

and t.TRANDATE between
--period beg
case when to_char(current_date, 'mm')='01' then add_months(trunc(current_date, 'yyyy'),-12)
else trunc(current_date, 'yyyy') 
end
--period end
and to_date(trunc(current_date,'mm')-(1/84600), 'yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS')

Here's the error message:

mmvcans_0-1651176859107.png

Does anyone know how to resolve this error? Or where I can find the ticket to see the cause of the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
fharper
12 - Quasar

@mmvcans I am not expert at Oracle SQL variant which seems to be where the Trunc is most common but as I understand it Trunc truncates to the format specified including truncating the time component, returning a Date type not DateTime.

the period begin looks to result in a 10 character date and the period end looks to force a datetime result, the to-date function is on the outer bounds of the functions in that set. 

I have no idea what the value/format of T.Trandate so the issue may be the discrepancy on types/values being compared.

Let me know if this is the problem. 

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

@fharper t.trandate format is date time but even when using to_date to convert the conditionally returned value to datetime format, the same error occurs.

I can provide the entire query if that helps.

Labels