Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

NS ODBC Data Retrieval Error

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

I'm receiving a data retrieval error from the NS ODBC. Query works fine when the following isn't included within the where clause:

and t.TRANDATE between
--period beg
case when to_char(current_date, 'mm')='01' then add_months(trunc(current_date, 'yyyy'),-12)
else trunc(current_date, 'yyyy') 
end
--period end
and to_date(trunc(current_date,'mm')-(1/84600), 'yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS')

Here's the error message:

mmvcans_0-1651176859107.png

Does anyone know how to resolve this error? Or where I can find the ticket to see the cause of the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
fharper
12 - Quasar

@mmvcans I am not expert at Oracle SQL variant which seems to be where the Trunc is most common but as I understand it Trunc truncates to the format specified including truncating the time component, returning a Date type not DateTime.

the period begin looks to result in a 10 character date and the period end looks to force a datetime result, the to-date function is on the outer bounds of the functions in that set. 

I have no idea what the value/format of T.Trandate so the issue may be the discrepancy on types/values being compared.

Let me know if this is the problem. 

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

@fharper t.trandate format is date time but even when using to_date to convert the conditionally returned value to datetime format, the same error occurs.

I can provide the entire query if that helps.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels