Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro to append data to a CSV file

agoel20
5 - Atom

Hi All , I have attached a macro which I use to append weekly data to a large csv file, which was working fine till last week, but when I ran it again today, I am getting the below error:

agoel20_0-1638823870261.png

When I open this macro to test run and see if it is working fine, then I cannot find any error, but when I am using it in my workflow I get the above error, can you please help me, as this macro has been very useful for me till now and I want to keep using this in my workflow.

Appreciate your help in advance!

1 REPLY 1
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @agoel20,

It looks like the error is coming from your .bat program. If you can determine what results in an error code of 1 from that file, it might help narrow down the problem.

Here are some of my guesses as to what could cause the error:

- The combination file path you're using is longer than 500 characters, causing syntax in [Call] to get truncated

- The data you're appending is not in csv-friendly format, is null, or some other data formatting problem

- There's a schema mismatch (column names) between the existing file and the newly appended data 

If you haven't already, I'd try using the Debug Workflow mode to recreate the issue. View > Interface Designer > wand button (second from top), configure the settings, then > Open Debug

Labels