Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Keyword search with wildcards in find and replace tool

KimishaP
7 - Meteor

Hello!! Is there a way that I am able to use the Find and Replace tool to apply keyword searches that contain wildcards. The dataset I am working on contains a list of locations that are written in various ways. For example my dataset contains location data that is Bloggs Healthcare, Bloggs health, Bloggs Healthcare Ltd, Bloggs Healthcare Limited. I would like the keyword search to be Bloggs* (* being the wildcard, although not sure if it something different in Alteryx!) so that it appends all the rows where this is location is present as I don't know all the variations that it could be written in. I hope that makes sense, any ideas on how I am able to do this would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @KimishaP 

That tool doesn't have wildcard logic specifically, however you could play around with the options (Beginning of field, any part, etc):

image.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KimishaP another option to use the Fuzzy match tool

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@KimishaP , this is the approach I would use. Append a lookup table and then use RegEx expressions to perform your wildcard matches:

image.png

Workflow attached for you to take a look at

KimishaP
7 - Meteor

Thank you  all for your help! I will try these out and see what works best!!

Labels