Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative macro; getting the macro to function properly

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have been relatively new to the Alteryx Universe and macros especially. 

The attached macros (and especially the data) are just for testing purposes, the one I want to generate are complete letters with varying bank details and such, but the idea I want should be clear; for every line I want to feed the macro a separate and complicated report should be generated.

The thing is; the macro 1.39 is giving the desired output, but as soon as I add another report detail to the macro (1.391)  it starts leaving out information. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11
Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

I made a few amendments again @gawa 

First of all I selected that "Input48" For Iteration Input, but honestly I am not sure what that is. I do not see a Input48 tool in the flow. 

[EDIT] I see that the very start of the macro is the input48 (under input name), so thanks for pointing that out. 

Also I changed the requirement in the filter. Because I only want each Record to be processed through the reporting part to generate one separate PDF file at a time. Therefore, I set the filter to the equasion [Iteration] = [RecordID] , because that would process each Record one at a time I think. Right?

However I would expect the rest of the output to be processed one at a time as well after iteration 2, 3, 4 and so forth. So I do not understand why the iteration stops after the first time. I do not get why the rest of the data stays at "C Output". I expected the second record to be picked up in the second iteration, the third record at the third iteration and so on.

I feel I am getting closer though :-)

And again: thanks for your help!

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Greenlama254 

It is better idea to use Iteration number to control loop.

Another issue is that your C-output schema is different from Macro Input schema, that causes unexpected behavior.

As a work around, I modified location of FiIter tool to more upstream, and put Select tool at right before C-output to align schema to Macro Input.

Hope this would solve issue.

image.png

Labels