Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect to DB2 database using input tool

Hema2020
5 - Atom

Need more details on how to connect to DB2 or Sybase database  using input tool.

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hema2020 - You can read more about this data source in the documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/ibm-db2 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Hema2020 

Connecting to Sybase or DB2 should be a matter of making sure that you have a valid driver installed (by looking in your ODBC Manager in Windows); then making an ODBC connection.

You can test this connection using the ODBC Manager in Windows by creating a DSN (a data source name) and then using the "test connection" button.

NOTE: ODBC is not Alteryx specific - it's a standard way of connecting to databases across most data platforms

Once you have a good ODBC Connection - you can then bring the connection string into the Alteryx input tool.

If you have trouble getting a basic connection using the ODBC Connection manager - it's worth working with your tech team to get the connection details and the right driver.

atuldeshpande1
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

need one help here - 

I am trying to connect Alteryx (version - Alteryx designer 2023.2)  with IBM DB2 database using ODBC DSN 32bit. but is not connecting and prompting below error message - 

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Could you please guide me how can I resolve this issue. 

Labels