Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative Process

cetricelaens
7 - Meteor

I have a sample workflow (screenshot below) Where I was reading 2 input excels and doing some data manipulation and creating one excel output file. Now I need to do it in Iterative process where one of my input excel will be iterative. Like in one folder I will be having all my input excel sheets and I need to read all that excel files. Also, Output should be the combined output once Iterative process was finished.

cetricelaens_0-1619018597152.png

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @cetricelaens,

Since you are looking for a single combined output, instead of an Iterative Macro, can you bring in all the files at once using a wildcard?  If there are schema errors, that can be solved with a simple batch macro.  

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Without specific information I am providing a rough guideline using a batch macro:

DylanDowrick_2-1619020547038.png

DylanDowrick_3-1619020554926.png

The directory would be pointed at your input files that need to be pulled in and the batch macro unions them together if you can't use a wildcard input.

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

If you really do need each file joined individually, you could stuff the file join within the batch macro (along with the file export--make it append) and then run the macro off of the directory with a browse following it.

cetricelaens
7 - Meteor

As per your suggestion here it will union all input data. For me I need to process one excel data at time because from excel I need to split up first 4 rows separately and rest of the rows separately.

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

I would go with this then:

DylanDowrick_0-1619028876712.png

DylanDowrick_1-1619028885416.png

Where the Batch Macro is doing all of the work (cleansing, joining, outputting) and the workflow feeds it the files you need inputted.

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

I apologize, you will need the output (with append file) as well:

DylanDowrick_0-1619029028611.png

Labels