Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative Macro - Calc a specific row at a time

uday2008
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to forecast vacancy (attrition + backfills). This calculation needs to happen at a combination of company code and Profit center for the next 4 years.

• Calculation being used -> Starting FTEs + Net Vacancy (Prior Period) + Attrition_Attrition Overlay (Current Period) + Backfill_Backfill Overlay (Current Period) = Starting FTEs + Net Vacancy (Current Period)

What I am trying to achieve in the attached is this:

• Multi-Row 12 to 15 (The ones in the container) should run for the first forecasted month (so it should run for July if I run it today, that's how its set up currently)
  • For August 2021 date, Multi-Row 3-6 should run one after the other without running for September and future periods,
  • The next iteration should run only for the Sep-2021 row (all 4 multi-rows should run) and so on

I am thinking I can control it using a counter of some sort, which can be true only for the month that it needs to run for, and that way the multi-row won't run for all the future periods at once but I am not able to understand how to do it.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!  

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @uday2008 

I think I need more details about your process.  Specifically some disambiguation about the steps.

• Multi-Row 12 to 15 (The ones in the container) should run for the first forecasted month (so it should run for July if I run it today, that's how its set up currently) Only the tools in the container?
  • For August 2021 date, Multi-Row 3-6 should run one after the other without running for September and future periods,  Only 3-6 without 12-15?
  • The next iteration should run only for the Sep-2021 row (all 4 multi-rows should run) and so on.  Which 4 multirows? Is Oct the same as Sept?

Can you provide a simple example, say 4 months and 2 entities and the expected output file?  

Dan

uday2008
5 - Atom

@danilang    Sorry if the question wasn't clear enough. 

Basically, I am trying to run my dataset through the entire workflow but one row at a time. Then use the output from the first iteration as an input to the second iteration and so on.

In the attached file, please refer Col. S onwards in the "Vacancy Calc Sample" tab to see the recursion I am trying to achieve.

Labels