Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there an easier way to output a flight path to google earth?

TayTay
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx. I have a file with altitude, latitude, and longitude; I would like to export it out as a kml file. I guess I could do this treating it as an xml file but I was wandering if there was some other way I might have missed. I have not seen anything in the "Spatial" tab that seems like it could be used to export a path. Also, being able to export the path with the altitude is a must. 

2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Looks like Alteryx does not have built-in spacial tools to handle altitude.

For altitude in KML files, I was able to find: https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/altitudemode

If you can provide some sample data that represents your input file, and know what mode you want (relativeToGround, absolute, or relativeToSeaFloor), we can create a workflow to generate a KML file.

TayTay
5 - Atom

I just wanted to add that I did come up with a solution. 

Labels