Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installer stuck at Python Dependancies + Deploying via SCCM

SylvainLacroix
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am having an issue where the installer stops at installing Python dependencies. I understand that this is known issue as described in 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Installation-stopped-on-Python-Dependency-window/ta-p/711636

The workaround explained in the article above works if the 0% CPU Python process appears, but it doesn't always, in the event the 0% CPU Python process does not appear, I am unable to complete the installation. even if I keep it running for hours. 

I have 50+ users who require this update but because of this issue, I am unable to package and deploy it via SCCM. Installing it manually is also not an option since we don't have the resources to dedicate to it. The installation time is much to lengthy. 

Can some one please shed some light on this matter and possibly let me know if there are other installation methods I can use that isn't affected by this problem? Is there an ETA on a fix?

Thank you. 

Sylvain.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels