Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import multiple csv files (different data) and distribute to different workflows

harshpatel
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to import multiple csv files with completely different data and structure. I want to feed these imported files to different workflows depending on their names. Then, I want to then delete a few columns and rows in each files and then output an xlsx for corresponding csv.

I have a basic workflow which works for one file at once.

harshpatel_0-1654740587406.png

Can anyone help me make it accept multiple inputs and distribute files to multiple workflows just like the one above^?

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Probably the best way is to create a batch macro to do that process for all the files. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @harshpatel, here is a sample batch macro workflow that will help you to fetch multiple files with the different data structures, and then you can apply the transformations as required. Please refer to the screenshot below.

grazitti_sapna_0-1654748387418.png

After this, I applied a filter on the filename and used the select tool to select the required columns.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @harshpatel 

I have created this workflow utlity which reads multiple files with different data schemas. It is very flexible and dynamic in terms of data structure and number of files. This will definetely help you to import multiple files having different structures. 

Kurohits_0-1654767688606.png

Labels