Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import Data from HDFS into HBase

Saraabdi955
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a question; Is there a solution to using Alteryx for importing data from HDFS to HBase?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Saraabdi955,

Just had a quick look through the docs Hadoop Distributed File System | Alteryx Help and its seems both the input and input-db can connect to HDFS. And I imagen with HBases ODBC driver you can connect it using the in-DB tools.

HTH,

Ira

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Can you confirm that your HBase and your HDFS are on two different platforms? Otherwise I'd expect there is a more straight-forward way to do this than using Alteryx. Can you give me a bit more details about what you are doing -HDFS is a file management system and HBase is a noSQL database so when you say importing data - are we talking rendering the HDFS files into some columnar structure and then placing them in Hbase - if so - why Hbase?

My HBase knowledge is incredibly limited - but I do not believe there is a native ODBC (- and I cannot see how it would work with one really since it's basically designed to not be queryable) - so you'd need to use API calls. API calls would require the download tool - which would require being in canvas... again - limited HBase but my expectation is that this would be for a BigTable like use-case which would be terrabytes of data so both API calls and in-canvas are not where you want to be unless this is some on-prem server set up.

also - doesn't hbase store files in hdfs?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for the clarification there @apathetichell, searching HBase ODBC gave the impression that it was an option. Looks like all the ODBC tools are just a round about way of connecting to the API HBase ODBC Driver with SQL Connector | Simba - Magnitude.

Labels