Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Identifying 1st tier nighbors

MadMax
5 - Atom

Hello all, is there a way to identity the 1st tier neighbors for a site using Lat/Lon information? I work on a weekly task where I have to determine the sites going to be worked on in the following week and determine sites which are immediate neighbors, so that they are not worked on at the same time to avoid customer impact. I am trying to build an Alteryx module to automate this task as it takes so much time going through these in MapInfo manually. Any suggestions/ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @MadMax,

Do you mean identifying the nearest neighbor of a unit? 

If yes, this might help you:

FrederikE_0-1663600853895.png

With the Find Nearest (and exclude 0 distance matches) you can quickly determine the closest unit). 

MadMax
5 - Atom

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for something like this. 

Example: if site A, C, E and F are to be worked on. Then I have to identify the sites which cannot be worked on at the same time due to obvious customer impact issues. So, in this case site A will have site C as the neighbor which cannot go into maintenance at the same time and site C will have site E and A since it has 2 neighbors that shall not go into maintenance at the same time which should be avoided. Similarly sites E and F. 

Labels