Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF Logic with multiple Conditions

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create some logic that uses an iif statement with multiple conditions. Below is what I am currently using. However, it doesn't appear to work when I check the Power BI platform. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I tried using uppercase(destination_city) to fix the case issue but it didn't work. I then used a data cleansing tool as well and it still won't fix the case. Any ideas on how to correct the case would be greatly appreciated as well. I don't know if that is causing the logic to fail. 

The Logic i am using 

iif([destination_city] = "Alburtis" || "HASLET" || "Rialto" , "DC Transfer", "Non DC Transfer")

The result i am getting in Power BI is this. I am getting duplicates and incorrect results 

czjames87_0-1605122485956.png

4 REPLIES 4
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

can you please share dataset in excel and also workflow if possible

Hi @czjames87 

I have attached 3 ways to write if in Alteryx. Hope this helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1605123439976.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @czjames87 

I'd standardize the case in the field, just to ensure that they can find a match. I'm assuming that you're using Data 
Cleansing to remove any extra spaces or non-text characters.

You could try: IIF([destination_city] In ("Alburtis" ,"HASLET" ,"Rialto") , "DC Transfer", "Non DC Transfer")

Or a much longer way:

IF Contains([destination_city], "Alburtis") OR Contains([destination_city], "HASLET") OR Contains([destination_city], "Rialto") THEN "DC Transfer"
ELSE "Non DC Transfer"

ENDIF

Let me know if either work for you.

Cheers!

Esther

Let me know if that works

Cheers!

Esther

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

the last one worked like a charm. thank you so much for your help. 

Labels