Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to read the XML of a tool inside of a workflow and do things based on the XML?

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I have a workflow that has some input tools that have an the expiration date of the authorization token inside the XML of the  tool. If the expiration date passes, the tools will no longer work and the workflow errors out.

What I want to do is be able to read that XML; as part of the same workflow, and send an email 10 days before the expiration date.

The part I can't figure out how to do is read the XML of the tool while still inside the same tool as the workflow.

screenshot.png

Thanks for any help!

-Craig

1 REPLY 1
martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @csh8428 

I searched through the forum and found this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/XML-View-tab-Alteryx-workflow-Extract/...

But it seems that there's no standard way to extract the XML information automatically inside a workflow.

Hopefully, someone has come up with a hack for doing this.

Labels