Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Icon in Windows taskbar doesn't appear to show an existing window

bkimup
7 - Meteor

This is on Windows. I have Alteryx pinned to the taskbar but whenever I click on the icon to open up a new window/workflow and Alt+tab to another window, the icon doesn't appear to reflect an open Alteryx window. So if I forgot that I already clicked it, I click it again, resulting in two windows. I can see the open Alteryx window via Alt+tab but this is pretty inconvenient.

Is this a bug at all? I've tried unpinning an repinning Alteryx but this issue still persists. I'm on the latest version 2021.2.2.45235.

9 REPLIES 9
Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

This issue isn't identified in the release notes:

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20212-release-notes

Have you tried re-installing Alteryx Designer?

bkimup
7 - Meteor

I just installed the latest update today and am getting this issue. I've been having this issue for quite a while now, probably back into 2020.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bkimup 

Can you post a screen shot?  Here's what I see in v2021.1.4.26400  

Alteryx pinned but not open

danilang_0-1628252697597.png

Alteryx open

danilang_1-1628252775076.png

The active indicator is the blue line along the top.  If you have your task bar on the bottom, the blue line will be on the bottom as well.

Do you see the active indicator for your other open applications?

Dan

bkimup
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

Here's a quick screen shot of Alteryx next to Tableau on my task bar:

bkimup_0-1628258331595.png

This is when both apps have an open window.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @bkimup 

You can drop a mail to support@alteryx.com. Tech team might be able to help you.

tluthibhatti
5 - Atom

Is there any update on this? 

More specifically, the taskbar icon does not show as active after launching until I've selected the Alteryx window for the first time. Once I either click the window or alt-tab to it, the taskbar icon shows as active.

I am running version 2020.4.5.12471 on Windows 10.

Ronal_Bustamante
5 - Atom

Has there been a solution for this. I'm facing a similar issue. I don't have Alteryx pinned to my taskbar, but when I launch it from the start menu, it loads, but then no icon is displayed on my taskbar. However when I check it on the task manager, it shows that is is running.  

This is my task bar

Ronal_Bustamante_0-1671570629738.png

This is my task manager where it even shows that it is opened two times

Ronal_Bustamante_1-1671570732182.png

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ronal_Bustamante 

Can you end the process from task manager, reboot your machine, and then try opening Designer?

Ronal_Bustamante
5 - Atom

Hello PanPP, 

Either ending the process in the task manager or rebooting my PC works; however, I wanted to check if there was a perm solution that would remove the need to do that.

Thank you

Labels