Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to read a file from a folder that will constantly change names?

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow that uses the Outlook 365 Input tool to fetch and download locally a single attachment file (a CSV delimited by "|" file in *.TXT format) from a daily report we receive via email. The Outlook 365 Input deletes the content of the attachment folder before downloading the new one, making it that only one folder with one file in it is present at all times.

This behavior results in that the file attached (that always has the same name) is located in a folder that will always change names since the naming by the Outlook 365 Input is done using date information. Ex. folder name: "Daily Active Em_2023-03-08T150828Z".

I'm trying to create another workflow that can read that file regardless of the name of the folder is located in and to do it dynamically for automation reasons.

I tried using the Directory and Dynamic Input tools to get the current name folder and read the file from it, but I always receive an error since is not able to locate the path since the file name is missing from it:

franciscoruizrise_0-1678993726732.png

Can you please help figure this one out, maybe the answer is staring me in face but I just can't solve it.

Regards,

Francisco.

2 REPLIES 2
franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Sorry for rushing the previous post but I think I fix it, I change the Field value in the Dynamic Input tool from Directory to FullPath and now the data is being read from the file no matter the folder name is in.

Regards,

Francisco.

Drvt6713
8 - Asteroid

Hi @franciscoruizrise ,

You mentioned in this post that you had already been able to successfully setup and use the Outlook 365 tool to obtain the attachment from a daily e-mail.

Can you provide me with a copy of that flow as I have spent way too much time trying to get the tool to work and do the same steps you have completed?

I am thinking I will be forced to use an external tool, which I would prefer not to do.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Labels