Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to give network directory" \\.....\"

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello Great People:

How to add network drive in formula tool. I am confused with forward slash // with back slash \

for instance if the Network share drive location is : \\NASOC01SDPRS01.NATYCS.com\K12245_SHARE_S_01\Test\Test2\Test3\Output1\Output2\result123.xlsx

So how do I put this directory location + day+  File name in the formula?

is it gonna be like:" \\NASOC01SDPRS01.NATYCS.com\K12245_SHARE_S_01\Test\Test2\Test3\Output1\Output2\result123.xlsx\" +Date+ File name? 

Appreciate your help,

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Kinetic_analytics looks good. If you're referencing a field for the FileName then you'd want to use something like the top formula expression. If you want to type in and hardcode a filename then use something along the lines of the bottom, where you'd just type in whatever you want to call the file (without the usual illegal characters) in the quotes where I've put FileName:

DataNath_0-1663946560447.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thanks for your help. My concern is forward slash vs. back slash in the beginning of the network drive vs end of the network drive. 

so is it like ''\\network drive\" or "''\\network drive/"

that is my confusion. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Before your filename etc you'd want to use a backslash so '\'.

You'd obviously want to remove the 'result123.xlsx\' part of your directory when building the formula though.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kinetic_analytics One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1663946875867.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thank you for your help. :) 

Labels