Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cannot Read in XLS Files

millerp1215
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to read in an XLS file and am getting the below error about the 2017-10-10 Windows security patch causing issues. I have referenced both of these discussions for solutions (Drag File In, Install Driver). Dragging the file in did not help, and I cannot install an old driver per my IT department. I also need this to work with Alteryx Server so I'm not sure if installing the driver locally would help anyways. I'm on Alteryx version 2022.1.1.25127. Any help is appreciated!

millerp1215_0-1663937315116.png

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @millerp1215 

I usually convert .xls into .xlsx with this macro and use the .xlsx as input. This macro will do all this job. It works perfectly.

Convert .xls into .xlsx and parse the input - Alteryx Community

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

I just used it and it helped me a lot 🙂. How do you ensure that the macro does not slow down your interface?

I have a macro that contains a python tool that reads the files contained in .zip files but when I use it, I have to disable the auto configuration in the user settings otherwise it slows down the alteryx interface enormously.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@Emmanuel_G 

I am glad that you found it useful :)

To be honest with you, i never had too much problems with slow downs here. It is surely more slow than common components, but not in a way that i found too slow to become a problem.

Labels