Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to copy input excel file in another New created folder

Akansha029
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me that I want to automate the process in which a new folder will be generated whenever my workflow runs and in that new generated folder my input files will be copied and after that in that copied file i want to overwrite my data . And second issue is in my input excel i am having some formulas written because of which i am getting error that cannot overwrite a cell that contains a formula....so can someone please suggest me with possible solutions .

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @Akansha029 

For the first task of creating a new folder and move the files you can use batch files that contains the instructions and then calling this file with a run comand.

For example you have a file named command.bat and it contains

if not exist [pathNewfolder]  mkdir [pathNewfolder] 

move [pathfrom] [pathTo]

then you put the tool and call the file 

aruiz-itp_0-1619007610337.png

That's all.

For the second issue, i didn't really understand it 

I hope it helps

Akansha029
7 - Meteor

I actually didnt understand what you are trying to suggest and i want to copy the file so that output of the workflow will be overwritten on the copied file and the main input file remains the same

Labels